[personal profile] mysterytoast

Completed -

  • Little Witch in the Woods
  • Creature Kitchen
  • Strange Antiquities
  • Winter Burrow

New games -

  • Bravely Default Flying Fairy HD Remaster
  • Creature Kitchen
  • Immortality
  • Slay the Spire 2
  • Strange Antiquities
  • Winter Burrow

Continued playing -

  • ATLYSS
  • A Little to the Left
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Fantasy Life i
  • Little Witch in the Woods

Demos -

  • Creature Kitchen
  • Vampire Crawlers

Didn't clear M11S on my own. I don't think I've been in there on my own since the first week of March? I've either been busy with other stuff, playing other content (Merchant Advanced is very nice to grind with a couple friends), not home at all, or just sick. I'll try to get back into it for April… but honestly, it could be a moot point at this point in the patch. Not sure how alive pf is going to be for the month before 7.5.

Anyway, before 7.5 drops I need to go back into Frontline for a few days and get that emote. I'm also looking to add a temporary retainer and move a bunch of my inventory around. I have a lot of stuff that fall into either the "obsolute items collected for the novelty" or "might use, but probably not more frequently than once a year or two" categories - like ARR relic materials, or event furniture that I only bought because it was like the only thing sold that event, or items from completed society quests, or my shame collection of Dated Radz-at-Han Coins (which I used to grind out crafting mentor… only to not grab my crown until I had both mentorships). Dye consolidation will free up half a tab of retainer space, but I can do even better, lol. And speaking of dye consolidation, I also need to use up my pigments, since they seem to imply that these items and crafts will outright cease to exist. I'm looking forward to seeing the flavor text for the advancement of dye technologies, the way Etheirys advanced in belt technology.

 

Vampire Crawlers (Demo)

The mad lads have done it again. They made more digital crack. This game translates the Vampire Survivors formula into a card roguelike surprisingly well, and the game itself just feels so polished. My only question is, how are you supposed to manage your health? The gameplay system here feels like it leads to you losing more health than you would in equivalent maps in VS. You can't perform any evasive maneuvers or run away, because there's no movement in a combat encounter. And yet I never saw a single floor chicken.

 

Slay the Spire 2

Speaking of digital crack… this one is, too. Most characters have enjoyable gameplay loops. I like how every character has different sets of cards in their panoply, with only a smaller shared "colorless" set. It's a nice deviation from a lot of other "kit-building" roguelikes where different characters/layouts largely provide starting differences and share a loot pool. Here, the starting decks are mostly the same (5 block 5 strike and a couple character cards) but deviate as soon as you start getting cards. I definitely need to get better at the art of keeping my decks small, though. I'm doing decent at taking merchant paths to truncate my hand, but I still pick up too many cards in the first place.

 

Immortality

I started this game because I heard of it as the ultimate "games as art" game, and then fell off it because by "art" people actually mean "art film." I'm just not really interested in watching and stringing together snippets of footage, and also constantly jumping into the middle of sex scenes?? Maybe I'll try again another time.

Profile

mysterytoast

June 2026

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
141516 17181920
21222324252627
282930    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 5th, 2026 11:37 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios